Triple Chocolate Cranberry Oat Cookies1 cup plain flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1/2 tsp cinnamon (be heavy-handed with the cinnamon if you like it as much as I do, it complements the tart cranberries beautifully ) 1/4 tsp salt 5 oz unsalted butter, at room temperature 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar 1 large egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 cup porridge oats 1/2 cup / 4 0z each of dark chocolate (60%-70%), milk chocolate and white chocolate – use chocolate chips if you can find good quality ones, otherwise spend the 20mins chopping your chocolate bars into chunks 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped (make it a heaped 1/2 cup!)
1. Preheat oven to 175C / 350F. Line 2-3 large baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars together until completely blended and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Stir in the oats and flour mixture, then add all the chocolate and chopped cranberries.
4. Scoop a tablespoon-sized ball of dough into your hand and swiftly roll it into a ball. Place each dough ball about two inches away from its neighbour as they’ll melt down and splodge together when cooking. Try not to eat half the dough yourself. This apparently makes 30 cookies but I never got that far.
5. Bake one sheet at a time for 15-16 mins, until the edges have barely turned golden. Allow to cool on the baking sheet for 5mins then transfer to a wire rack. Keep your cookies in an airtight container, if they last that long.